   Re: [xml-dev] Getting rid of entities (was: misprocessing namespaces)

 From: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>

> It doesn't even have to be inconsistent with DTD validation. I
> routinely use XInclude to put together a several hundred page book
> <http://www.ibiblio.org/xml/books/xmljava/> and then reparse the
> result with a DTD to validate it. It's a two-step process instead of
> a one-step process but it works.

Sure, anyone can have specific processes locally that do anything.

But for sending documents out on the web, we need to have a
standardized processing model where people know "oh, I
don't validate until after XInclusions, then I schema validate,
then I XSLT."

XInclusions are recursive, from what I understand, so we
need to know whether those documents are validated before
inclusion too, and/or schema validated, and whether the
validation happens after all the inclusions or before.

If there is a conflict between the schemaLocation on an
XIncluded document and a parent, which is used? If there
are two stylesheets, which is used, or should theXInclude
use the parents?

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe