   Re: [xml-dev] XML Abstract Query anybody ?

On Thursday 07 February 2002 11:17 am, raghavendra.ml wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anybody peviously worked on making container independent XML
> abstract queries
> which translate eventually to container specific SQL queries or LDAP
> queries?

Yes. I did this and a corresponding JAVA class heirarchy.... the trick
is to represent the AST and to have "compilers" to the back-end.

You might  want to take a peek at XEXPR, which is likely useful for
representing the actual syntax.... queries would be represented
roughly as a set of combinators.