   RE: [xml-dev] Doctypes again (was Re: [xml-dev] Documents within documen

> For me, the most compelling use for (the notion
> of) document type is as a contract.  A document
> type declaration asserts that a document's
> syntax follows some set of rules to express the
> document creator's intended semantics.

Yes. I've always thought one of the weakest things about DTDs is that a
document is considered valid if it meets the sender's criteria, whether or
not it meets the recipient's.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com