   Compring two XML docs from Java

Does anybody know of a utility/library to compare to XML docs
programmatically from Java?  I want to be able to do a comparison that
will ignore syntactic things like extraneous whitespace, namespace
prefix differences, attribute order, etc.  I don't need to know what the
differences are, just a binary same/different answer will do.

Here are my requirements:

- Free, or even better, open source
- Uses a standard API such as DOM, SAX or JDom
- Callable from Java

I've checked out IBM's alphaworks XMLTreeDiff, but it requires an old
version of xml4j, which isn't an option.

I've also seen DeltaXML, but it's a commercial product.

Thanks,

Toivo Lainevool
New Iron Systems, Inc.

(Sorry if this get posted twice, I sent it yesterday with no results.)