   Re: [xml-dev] Compring two XML docs from Java

Toivo,

If you just need to know if there are changes, I suggest you use a
tool to generate canonical XML from your files and then do a 'diff'.
There are tools available for this I believe.

More difficult is finding out what has changed and representing the
result in XML, which is what DeltaXML does. You can use this on small
files on our web service for free (see online demo at
http://www.deltaxml.com). DeltaXML reads the file in expanding
entities etc from a DTD and then does the comparison - you can filter
with XSL to ignore whitespace or do any other things such as indicate
'keys' and even which elements are not ordered.

We'd be please to discuss your use of DeltaXML - it is a commercial
product but we offer a complete solution to your problem and our
customers say they could not find anything else that did this...
there are several years of R&D behind this - the problem is not
trivial (you have probably found that out by now!).

Best regards,
Robin