   Re: [xml-dev] REST has too many verbs

Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

> > If you do that, you make it extremely difficult to build
> > intermediaries like:
> >
> >  * store-and-forward services
> >  * caches
> >  * firewalls
> >  * proxies
> >  * message routers
> >  * privacy managing intermediaries
>
> This is not strictly true.

You say that but your message did not provide any evidence.

> I don't think you can assume that visibility is always a good
> thing....

Optional visibility is always a good thing. You can turn it off easily
if you don't want it. SSL is an example of turning it off.

> ... and I would say that in many cases, HTTP 1.1 proxies have
> too much visibility, especially from a security perspective.... the
> classic "man in the middle attack" can be made fairly easily unless
> you're using SSL etc.

So you're saying that HTTP can be fairly easily attacked from a security
point of view unless you use the security features.

 Paul Prescod