   RE: [xml-dev] REST has too many verbs

> From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@prescod.net]
>
> > Actually, the above is bogus because the URI has gone from being
> > opaque to encoding application state (to those that understand the
> > application) and you may or may not wish to disclose that to an
> > intermediary.
>
> Really? Here's one from Expedia. It's half-way through a
> transaction. Please tell me what the details of the transaction:

http://www.expedia.ca/pub/agent.dll?qscr=fstr&itid=34958964&bkmd=2&zz=10
13489956491

I don't see how this makes your point. It's self-evident that this URL
carries information, irrespective of whether you or I understand it or
whether it's encrypted. I expect the people that designed that URL
structure for Expedia and wrote the code to generate and process it
could explain what it does, if not the details precisely of that URL.

Bill de hÓra