   Re: [xml-dev] REST has too many verbs

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> And keeping it loosely coupled means not needing
> to know much more than that to start the conversation.

Right.

> That's email. It is discovery-based.

Er. Maybe. Sure.

> But a conversation is not a protocol.  A protocol
> (by any of the definitions I've seen), sets
> expectations precisely.

As precisely as is feasible....

> ...   It seems to me that the
> UDDI methods are there precisely because the
> gestures/speech acts are "relevance feedback
> control" and the designers specifically want
> the 'advantages' of that architecture over
> 'downloadable feature engines' or a 'single proxy'.

If you're saying that they are choosing control over decentralization
then yes, I think that they are probably doing so accidentally.

> BTW: if the WSIO gets traction, and uses UDDI
> as announced, what do you think based on your
> work with REST, the results will be?

I think that UDDI is not going to be very important REST or not. Google
is a better way for human beings to find business partners and human
beings will not trust computers to find business partners automatically,
except perhaps in a commodities auction environment which is not what
UDDI is.

 Paul Prescod