-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Prescod [mailto:paul@prescod.net]

Gavin Thomas Nicol wrote:

> I think it's questionable whether the unification has more to do with
> GET than with URI's themselves. FWIW.

Be careful. URIs aren't innovative either. They are just email
addresses.

"REST therefore gains the separation of concerns of the client-server
style without the server scalability problem, allows information hiding
through a generic interface to enable encapsulation and
evolution of services, and provides for a diverse set of functionality
through downloadable feature-engines."

"This constraint sacrifices some of the advantages of other
architectures, such as the stateful interaction of a relevance
feedback protocol like WAIS, in order to retain the
advantages of a single, generic interface for connector semantics. In
return, the generic interface makes it possible to access a multitude
of services through a single proxy."