   Re: [xml-dev] REST has too many verbs

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:52:54AM -0500, Simon St.Laurent wrote:
>On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 10:38, Joe English wrote:
>> IOW: HTTP is good when a typical session consists of a single
>> POST or GET;  BEEP is good when sessions get more complicated.
>
>I like the notion of a spectrum of possibilities.  BEEP certainly seems
>capable of supporting very complex modes of communication.  HTTP can be
>useful for request-response.  I'd like something that's just 'send' (aka
>XMLChucker) to fill out the bottom.

DIME?  Currently an internet draft, but some impls exist.

>I don't think there's a single true way.  BEEP ain't it, REST ain't it,
>SOAP ain't it.  (Whatever the WSIO might want us to think.)

Heresy!  Of course there's one true way.  *My* way!  Aren't you
listening to the duelling monologs?

Granted, there are a lot of different "my" ways, since there are a fair
number of people here ....

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis	        amyzing@talsever.com           alicorn@mindspring.com
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor