   RE: [xml-dev] Principle of Sustainable Complexity

We call that import and export.  We need:

1.  You choose a file format.  Comma-delimited
is fine.  XML is fine.  That is configurable.

2.  We will choose a location.  If you like,
that is configurable.

3.  It must obey our schema.  We won't extend
our schema for you for less than nZeD$.  If the
receiving system can't decipher it, that is
not our problem.  It the two system schemas
are semantically incoherent, that is not our
problem.  This is not configurable.

Otherwise, pick a file format.  If you want to,
we enable you to write the import/export definition
files but you have to know SQL, Foxpro, etc.
That is negotiable.

Conservation of complexity and conservation
of ugly are the same law with different names.

len