   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST? (RE: [xml-dev] WSIO- With Name)

John Cowan wrote:

> Absolutely.  But a person is not a hyperdocument, even if they may
> sometimes share the same representations.

You yourself a minute ago said that this use/mention is not an issue.
I'm lost.

> ... In an RDF sense, they
> can't be identified.  But in a topic map sense, the document can
> be used to identify the person.

Ignoring topic maps and RDFs ... we can assert that the URI identifies
YOU and that links to the URI are links to YOU. We can also say that you
may have whatever representation there you think is a sufficient
representation of you, including a 404 page. Where do you think that
there is a problem with this view.

 Paul Prescod