   RE: [xml-dev] Re: Why REST? (RE: [xml-dev] WSIO- With Name)

You are dropping into a dark hole of philosophy.
That's why you will never be able to prove
"The Web" exists.  You will enumerate qualities,
and someone will debate that is the True Web,
and someone else will offer tests.  At the end
of the day, it will be an elephant and you will
be blind.  Identity is not existence.

Identity is a process output, not a quality that
exists a priori.  In all systems that rely on it,
we have to discuss the identification process
because it has to be reestablished in some cases
particularly if the thing changes location.

Try moving prisoners from jails to courts and
you'll see why this is a problem.  An ID card
is not enough.  Heck, a tattoo won't even do.

But that and empirical observation (tracking)
is what we finally settle on.

len