   RE: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web

> I blame Steve Ballmer.  When I talked to Festa I had just heard
another
> one of Steve's rants about how XML and Web Services were bigger than
> the Internet, bigger than the PC, bigger than God, etc... Sigh.

Actually, I didn't find the quotes by XML people to be an issue; that is
just people having opinions, which is a very healthy thing.  What
bothers me is when the reporters covering these things oversimplify and
make it sound like there are two armies facing off.  In xml-dev, people
have opinions all over the map; there is no way that the community can
be categorized so simplistically into these two supposed camps.  I would
think of it as just silly reporting except that I have seen too many
times where people read about some "war" and start thinking, "hmm, what
side am I on?", and feed the polarization that never really existed in
the first place.  That sort of Zoroastrian journalism always annoys me
:-)