   Re: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web

Alaric Snell wrote:

> On Wednesday 13 February 2002 20:12, Paul Prescod wrote:
> > CORBA people should have a lot of experience
> > with service discovery. Anyone want to pipe up?
>
> 1) X.500
> 2) CORBA Trader - http://www-mtl.mit.edu/~mvermins/corba/trader/

I was hoping somebody would pipe up about when this stuff works, when it
doesn't, and what it adds to the human-oriented services that we already
take for granted. I'm darn sure that CORBA programs don't look each
other up magically through "CORBA trader" and start buying and selling
stuff. So when do they use it and why?

 Paul Prescod