   RE: [xml-dev] Streaming Transformations for XML

  • To: "Petr Cimprich" <petr@gingerall.cz>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Streaming Transformations for XML
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 11:25:51 +0200
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

Best of intentions included:

| From: Petr Cimprich [mailto:petr@gingerall.cz]

| The XSLT-like syntax is an intention; since everybody knows
| XSLT, people
| would be able to use the most of features in an intuitive
| way. However,
| there are some fundamental incompabilities with XSLT such as
| SAX-oriented axes.

Good point; that XSLT-like syntax (and semantics) may be both a good and
a bad thing. From my understanding, this is one level higher but
directly on top of SAX which isn't exactly the same...

On the other hand, one may build on XSLT behavior using SAX code. How
difficult is to reproduce XSLTs "default template" behavior for example.

| I will try to create a bit more consistent definition of the
| streaming
| language soon I and would be very glad to discuss it with
| those who may
| be interested.

Why not build a list for it.

Kindest regards,