   Re: [xml-dev] Errors in Kendall Clark's xml.com article on QNames

Aaron Skonnard wrote:
>>I fought against letting QNames escape into content, lost
>>the argument to James Clark, but I'm beginning to think that
>>the cost-benefit trade-off is positive, despite the considerable
>>cost.
>>

> I'm curious, how would one refer to (cross-reference) qualified
> elements/attributes without allowing QNames in content?

Like in good perl tradition, there is would be more than one way to
achieve this :=) !

For instance:

1) Verbose way (may be shorten by internal parsed entities):

<!DOCTYPE xs:schema PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XMLSCHEMA 200102//EN"
"XMLSchema.dtd" [
<!ENTITY foo "http://example.org/foo";>
]>

<xs:schema targetNamespace="&foo;" .../...

<xs:element ref="&foo; bar"/>
or
<xs:element refns="&foo;" refname="bar"/>

2) Mimic of xmlns:

<xs:schema xsns:foo="http://example.org/foo";

.../...

<xs:element ref="foo:bar"/>

3) W3C XML Schema specific way:

<xs:import namespace="http://example.org/foo"; prefix="foo"/>

.../...

<xs:element ref="foo:bar"/>

Eric
--
Rendez-vous a Paris pour mes formations XML/XSLT.
                                           http://dyomedea.com/formation/