   Re: [xml-dev] WSIO vs. Semantic Web - Setting the Record Straight

Joshua Allen wrote:

>> As smart as the MSDN folks are, the Jan 2001 MSDN would have had to
been

> Another point, I believe that the MSDN site was the first major
> technology company to allow random visitors to annotate articles with
> ratings and comments.  Not exactly semantic web, but certainly not
> semantic "hostile".

Yeah, and I suppose there are also a fair number of folks at MS Research who
would take offense at the notion that "AI" is just some pie in the sky
dream.

>> Cairo got derailed, perhaps as a result of the Web, perhaps it was
just

> Did anyone ever notice that XP is Greek "Chi-Rho"?

ROTFL.

For real MS afficianado's it would be very educational to read through some
of the original OLE 2 (object _linking_ and embedding) literature, as well
as some of the original ideas for "structured storage". I suspect that you
would find alot more about URIs and resources etc. to like when the terms
are slightly changed.

Jonathan