   RE: [xml-dev] Traditional RPC

Actually, that is *exactly* what Steve Case is thinking.  The thing that
was remarkable about Napster was how quickly Sean Fanning was able to
move from nothing to a practical monopoly in such a short time -- all
without paying an ounce of attention to the standards.  So I think that
Dave's point is that predicting a system's demise based on its adherence
(or lack of) to standards, is not very reliable.  Napster died because
it stepped on the toes of the media companies, not because it had a poor
record of working in standards organizations.