   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses

On Tue, 2002-02-19 at 16:21, Paul Prescod wrote:
> But consider that once you've made the choice to make a URI "abstract"
> there is no way to go back. You can't just pop up a web page and change
> your mind. If RDDL or something else takes over the universe you are
> stuck.

The DDDS (Dynamic Delegation and Discovery System) work the IETF's URN
group is building might be able to 'unstick' some of this by providing
answers (RDDLs?) to queries about URIs, abstract or not.

http://uri.net

It's not exactly here today and may not be for a while, but it's a nice
vision to think about, at any rate.  I'll take my URIs as concrete URLs
for now, please.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!