   RE: [xml-dev] regd security while transmitting XML Data

Vaidya,
you could start by downloading the IBM Web Services Toolkit at
http://www.alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/webservicestoolkit/. This has a set of
technology previews for doing (I think) what you want. Here is the

"1 SOAP Encyption Demo
An encryption/decryption capability has been added to a SOAP message by
extending the SOAP header.

2 AXIS (Apache SOAP 3.0)
AXIS is the third generation of Apache SOAP. The WSTK now makes use of the
Apache AXIS (a.k.a. SOAP 3.0) open source project for its SOAP runtime
implementation.

3 Digital Signature Demo
The Digital Signature support can be used to ensure non-repudiation of
message transmission among business partners. New handlers provide support
for digitally signing and signature verification of SOAP messages within
AXIS utilizing its handler chaining capability. The SOAP Security Extensions
whitepaper proposes a way to calculate a digital signature of a SOAP
Envelope and attach it to the SOAP Header.

4 AXIS Encyption Demo
Facility to encrypt/decrypt SOAP messages implemented as an AXIS handler.

5 XKMS (XML Key Management Specification) Demo
Managing keys is one of the significant challenges when attempting to
implement security. This demonstration implements a SOAP service conforming
to XKMS to help handle key management issues. "

John F Schlesinger
SysCore Solutions