   Re: [xml-dev] Re: [namespaceDocument-8] 14 Theses

At 10:38 AM 20/02/02 +0100, Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>>RDDL's flaw, too, is that it does not provide any built-in mechanism
>>for supporting phases AFAIK. One can indeed have multiple RDDL files for the different phases, and name them by putting them at
>>different loacations.
>
>You can also use different RDDL purposes... It's not a "built-in" feature to support phases, but it may give enough flexibility to use it for this function.

Right... Ron and Rick, could your needs with respect to context
and phase be met by combination of natures/purposes?  I.e. you
could provide N different resources whose natures were XSD or DTD
or whatever, with different purposes signifying that they are
for authoring support, pre-transmission validation, and on-reception
validation.

Failing this, what kind of machinery would you need to meet
your needs? -Tim