   RE: [xml-dev] SOAP-RPC and REST and security

> The truth is that SOAP-RPC poses no more a security risk than CGI
programs.
> There is nothing really new, here. And although I think Paul makes
valid
> points with regard to REST, I also think he overplays the value REST

Yes, as point of clarification, I tend to agree with most of what Paul
says about REST.  I just find the idea that REST would be inherently
more secure than RPC (or likewise, RPC more secure than REST)
objectionable.  It is possible to make arguments for or against either
architecture's inherent security.  I think security is a much broader
issues than REST vs. RPC.  So hopefully I didn't come across as
anti-REST...