   RE: [xml-dev] What is SOAP?

The part that doesn't has a very bad time
with hacker attacks these days.  Virus
software is cheap, and in my experience,
in competent companies, things do work
as Amy describes.

When we first proposed web-like systems
in the 80s, we were told the Internet
was worthless because of the inherent
security risks that the experts already
knew about.  What scared the heck out
of a lot of company sys types when
the WWW first made its appearance was the
blithe ignroring of these problems as
well as many others (copyrights, porn,
all the usual problems of laissez-faire
resource exchange including viruses).
But once the momentum got going, once

Those who did not understand or chose
to ignore the problems were put in
charge, the only recourse was to go
with the flow as they say, and trust
one's own resources to judge.  It
is pure objectivism not to live for
another or ask them to live for you.
It is foolhardy to open valuable
assets up to pilfering just as it
is to invest in companies based only
on a dot in their name.  Many people
made those mistakes; many didn't,.

Nothing has changed except that by taking
some risks, we do have a world wide
publishing medium and the beginnings of
online business.  Take each step as
you understand it and don't accept