   <redefine> and schema constraints

Some complex types should be slightly different when used in different
conditions. An example of difference is, an element in sequence of the
complex type should be mandatory for the first condition and should be only
optional for the second type of use. The type of use will be given in the
instance document.

An option is to create separate type for each type of use. But, they are
really very similar, and I am looking for possibilities how to reuse
already created type for new conditions. Options which I was looking at
this stage were <redefine> and schema constraints.

I tried Schematron, but it did not work.

Did anyone have similar type of problems? Any thoughts would be
appreciated.

Thank you, nada

This e-mail is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised and prohibited.  If you have received this document in error, please delete the email and notify me by return email or by phoning the NEMMCO Helpdesk on 1300 300 295.