   DOM L3 and Type info

I had a quick question about DOM L3-- I was trying to quickly understand the
new Load and Save part of DOM L3 and I was wondering how type info is
handled. Specifically I am looking to find out if there is a way to specify
an element's or attribute's type as the document is being created. I found a
couple references that mentioned [attribute type] but could find the
implementation.

It would be interesting if, for example, you could create a DOM and specify
certain attributes as type "ID"-- without needing a schema or DTD
specifically. Dave Brownell has a DOMConsumer in the GNU JAXP project that
generates a DOM from SAX2. It would be exciting if someone could write a SAX
filter to insert type information (security concerns aside). This would
remove the need for an internal subset to create IDs. This type of thing
would also open the door to [Your favorite schema language] a little wider.

I am sure it is in there already-- any pointers?

Thanks,
Jeff Rafter
Defined Systems
http://www.defined.net
XML Development and Developer Web Hosting