   RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema - > XML Instance - > XSLT Transformation with

  • To: "Braumuller, Hans" <h.braumueller@hanseorga.de>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] XML Schema - > XML Instance - > XSLT Transformation with MSXML 4 ?
  • From: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:56:09 +0200
  • Cc: "XML DEV" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

What you are asking this is easy and you may have used it before:

var xmlDomObj = new ActiveXObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0");
xmlDomObj .async = false;
xmlDomObj .validateOnParse = true; // <-- validate (default is true)
xmlDomObj .load("instance.xml");
if (xmlDomObj .parseError.errorCode != 0)
     // Handle error
else
     // continue

You can also associate an instance with a schema through the read/write
schemas property [1].
I prefer a more convenient and standard method to do the association by
using the xsi:schemaLocation attribute in the instance document.

[1]
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/xmlsdk/
htm/xml_pro_sz_3i5h.asp

Cheers,