   XML Schema - > XML Instance - > XSLT Transformation with MSXML 4 ?

Hello,

this is my first post at this list. I am working daily as webdesigner at
Hanse Orga, Germany and being a visual artist engage in networking art and
poetry. As webdesigner i am developing the XML/XSL/CSS/JS User-Interface.

What we are doing at Hanse Orga is developing a financial software, where we
used xml as a bridge between our backend programmed with COM and our
frontend developed with XSLT, which transformed the XML-String passed by our
ServletEngine (Java) into XHTML combined with CSS and Javascript. Javascript
we use for some validations at the client side (IE6). This is a workaround,
because our business logic written in Centura/Gupta exists since many years
on a windows client/server system.

My first key question is, that i want try to include the XML Schema linking
it with my XML Instance String, which are transformed with XSLT in the above
mentionred output.
I know now, that MSXML 4 support the whole W3 Recommendation of XML Schema.
Can anyone supplies a working example, how to link this three document on
the client side?

Secondly, from that point i want test, if it is possibly to do some
validation on the client side, to see if i can validate against the schema
by checking the user input, instead of using complicated javascripts. I
imagine for example, if some user put a not valid date format in an input
field, an alert box pops up with the message "This is not a valid date
format" . Is this possible to generate with XML Schema ? Or is XML Schema
designed in mind for software agents, valid data exchange and documentation
purpose only ?

Thank you,

Hans Braumuller
Systementwickler Web-Design