   RE: RE: RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???

I just sat down with a guy who said that and
he told me he meant that exchanges based on
standard vocabularies is "tight coupling".
Now it makes better sense: terminology
confusion.  Nevermind.

So let's rolllllllll back.

We don't need to debate if a message is a document
or doc vs data-centric.  We may want to inquire
into the costs of how the size of the message/doc
affects the cost of negotiation and maintaining
fidelity.  We may want to inquire into the
performance efficiencies of lots of small
messages vs larger ones and the time between
transactions.  We know (as you point out)
that tight interfaces are a pain to manage.
Yet on the private IP networks, two way stateful
systems are a reality and there are protocols
designed to let one operate in stateful or
stateless mode (e.g., voice apps).

Anyone who thinks we can magically hook up the
world's businesses and skip the step of
creating the vocabularies missed Markup 101.
On the other hand, I'm still not sure the
interface model changes that requirement.
I can see it working either way.   But that is a
business app.  It is intelligence, not
command and control in real time.  For desktop
level C2, one really might want RPC and a
more tightly coupled system.

What do you think?

The aliens are busy fighting one another and
can't stop to bother with us or
are out there making love and wondering why
we haven't joined them.  Either way, it's
their party so far.

len