Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <email@example.com>,"Mike Champion" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,<email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: RE: RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???
- From: "Joshua Allen" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:11:51 -0800
- Thread-index: AcG/ERdDZpytw6OOTC+TvaUpGX7gugAABrcw
- Thread-topic: RE: RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???
> The aliens are busy fighting one another and
> can't stop to bother with us or
Reminds me of an interesting "thought problem". Draw the following
o o o o o o
T T T
x x x
And explain, 6 soldiers (the 'o's) are marching through the mountain
pass, from left to right, and the last soldier has just entered the
pass, and the men are marching at a pace such that the first soldier
will exit the pass in two minutes. You and two of your people (the
'x's) are hiding behind trees on the south hill overlooking the pass.
Now ask, "what should you and your men do?" and explain that you are
more interested in the process than the solution.
Presented the exact same picture and preamble, it is surprising how many
people launch into detailed planning about how to kill the six men,
without bothering to ask if the soldiers below are friend or foe.