   Re: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???

Mike Champion wrote:

> 2/26/2002 3:01:31 PM, "Bullard, Claude L (Len)" <clbullar@ingr.com> wrote:
>

>>I've  got serious guys here who say tightly coupled
>>web services are the way to go.
>>

> I'd be awfully curious to know the reasoning behind that.
> I thought that "tight coupling" was a famous design
> anti-pattern, more or less antithetical to "modularity."
> Web services would seem to be that LAST place one
> would want to use tight coupling .

Perhaps they're confusing "tightly coupled" with "strongly typed" - similar sound, almost oppposite meaning?

Don't you hate it when useful terms suffer semantic rot... [OT - I've
just been reading a 1956 detective story where the hero remembers
"experimentally making love" to another student, and I'm honestly
baffled - just when did that phrase start referring to sexual rather
than social intercourse?]

Francis.