   RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???

  • To: <andrzej@chaeron.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:58:37 -0800

You probably mean Peter Deutsch's 8 Fallacies of Distributed
Computing[0]

1.  The network is reliable
2.  Latency is zero
3.  Bandwidth is infinite
4.  The network is secure
5.  Topology doesn't change
6.  There is one administrator
7.  Transport cost is zero
8.  The network is homogeneous

which I completely agree with.

[0] http://java.sun.com/people/jag/Fallacies.html

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #52
I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to