   RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???

  • To: "Alaric Snell" <alaric@alaric-snell.com>,<xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 12:27:43 -0800

This is one of the things that interested me about REST when I read
Fieldings dissertation and Paul Prescod's criticisms of SOAP. If web
services are going to become as ubiqituous as some of us would like then
there should be some way to build scalability into the system similar to
how has been done on the web with HTTP.

I'd be very interested at taking a look at your protocol if you ever
wrote it up and made it available online.

--
THINGS TO DO IF I BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD #52
I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to