   RE: [xml-dev] Image (bitmap) in XML document

> From: Handoko [mailto:st018509@ait.ac.th]

<snip/>

> XML Document is all text (am I right?). So to display an
> image we can ref to a
> certain URL (or directory). I want to ask, how to display an
> image that is a
> part of recordset query. How can it referred? Do we need to
> save the image to
> a file???

You can, if you want. Alternatively, you can wrap the XML into a MIME
multipart envelope, include the image as an attachment, and reference it via
a "cid:"; href. One other option is to encode the image in a textual format
and embed it directly as element content. Base64 is typically used for this
approach.

If adopting the last approach, it may be a good idea to also include
relevant metadata. For example:

  <image type="image/gif" encoding="base64">
    ...base64-encoded data....
  </image>