   Re: [xml-dev] MS thinks HTTP Needs Replacing???

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 23:14, Paul Prescod wrote:
> There is a difference between saying that HTTP is related to RPC and
> saying that HTTP is an RPC protocol like XML-RPC or SOAP-RPC.

Sure.  But I'd like to see HTTP/REST folks acknowledge their own
relationship to RPC before blasting on "RPC protocols".

For those of us who find HTTP/REST to be too much RPC, it's awfully hard
to argue with flat (and I believe wrong) denials that REST is still
substantially built on RPC, as is HTTP.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!