   Re: [xml-dev] canonicalization

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> A document that includes a list of links and fallback content is
> simply not logically the same as a document in which all the links
> have been replaced by their remote resources. It's the difference
> between a phone book and all the people listed in the phonebook. They
> are related, but they are not the same thing.

OTH, when I have submitted a while ago [1] the same concerns about the
impact of external parsed entities on c14n, the answer has been that C14
was about logical documents rather than physical files.

Except for the historical reason that an inclusion mechanism has been
specified in the original XML 1.0 recommendation and the other has been
specified afterwards (and that the whole XML processing model is blur),
I don't see any reason to say that one should be performed before c14n
while the other should be performed after :) ...

[1]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-ietf-xmldsig/2000JulSep/thread.html#454

Eric
--
See you in Seattle.