   Re: [xml-dev] Stupid Question (was RE: [xml-dev] XML doesn't deserve its

Joe English wrote:

> I do almost all of my XML processing in Tcl and Haskell;

Still wtih Tcl?!?! I give you extra points for loyalty.

> the former is untyped so conversion is implicit, and the
> latter is statically typed so dynamic type hints don't help
> any.  But I can see where this would be useful in a latently
> typed language like Python or Scheme; a general-purpose
> data binding/type converter utility could use xsi:type
> to determine what kind of application object to manufacture.

The usual trick for statically typed languages is to compile the schema
into code that implements the conversions for you. Once again its merely
a convenience.

 Paul Prescod