   Testing

This is my first venture into the XML world so please excuse my ignorance. I am testing an application that has an XML interface to allow B2B messaging. At the moment this is very much a learning phase for me (in at the deep end as usual!) and I am trying to gather as much info as possible.

When it comes to testing for XML the main focus seems to be on testing that documents are valid. From my perspective I am interested in this but also how my application is going to deal with the XML it receives (whether it be valid or invalid). This means that I am going to have to send different documents (both invalid and valid) with different sets of data and check the response document and data is OK and that what I expect to happen in the application itself actually happens.

We have started prototyping an application that will allow us to do this type of testing but I wanted to find out what other people do for this - I guess system -  testing and if there are already any tools that I've missed!

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Tucker
Merit AT Ltd