   RE: [xml-dev] XML faster than mySQL database ?

:)

Plus, there is something that you need to define : what is 'fast' ? Fast
execution of queries ? Fast updates ? Fast development ?

What do you mean by 'use it for the web' ?

Last, but not least, forget about 'server side parsing' or 'client side
parsing'. Parsing takes place everywhere : even if you send HTML, then the
client will have to parse it, which may be more difficult than parsing XML.
The impact of parsing on performance is often negligible (unless you do
something stupid like always reparsing the same document in a loop) compared
to all the other parts of an architecture, namely the database part (be it
native XML or not).

Regards,
Nicolas