   RE: [xml-dev] Preserving single quotes in an XML document whenapplying a

On Wed, 2002-03-06 at 13:07, Michael Kay wrote:
>   I used to use this as my canonical example of a "lexical" feature in XML
> that no-one would ever expect to be retained through a transformation...

Single-versus-double-quotes on attributes has become my canonical
example of a lexical bit in XML that can be useful for some kinds of
text-level processing even though (especially because) it's not
considered important by XML parsers.

Space between attributes can be handy as well, though it has the
disadvantage of being tricky to measure by eye when there are more than
one.

I don't think this constitutes misuse of XML by any means.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!