   asp error on stylesheet

Hi,

I have an xml file that is to be transformed by two stylesheets.
The first stylesheet generates the links and the second stylesheet takes a
parameter which is the ID of one of the linking elements and displays
details of that element only.

I used the following code to do the transformation.
<% Response.Buffer=True %>
<% Dim xml
   Dim xsl
   Dim template
   Dim processor

   Set xml = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.3.0")
   xml.async = false
   xml.load ("my_file.xml")

   Set xsl = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.FreeThreadedDOMDocument.3.0")
   xsl.async = false
   xsl.load ("second_stylesheet.xsl")

   Set template = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.XSLTemplate.3.0")
   template.stylesheet = xsl
   set processor = template.createProcessor()
   processor.input = xml

   id = Request.querystring("id")
   processor.addParameter "param1", id
   processor.transform()
   Response.write (processor.output)
%>

However, it was not successful, the error I received was the following:
HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Error Type:
msxml3.dll (0x80004005)
The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The stylesheet may be
empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML document.
      ' /LINE  template.stylesheet=xsl

I did the same transformation client-side and it worked (however, I have to
use asp). So I know the stylesheet is absolutely fine.
I have IE 6.0 and I use IIS v5.1 on WinXP Pro to test my asp pages.

I apologize if this is a newbie question, I'm still learning.
Has anyone come across such a problem? Any suggestions would be of great
help for me.
Thanks,

Ivana