   Element With Same Name

Hi,
   I have an Element in DTD called item ie <!ELEMENT item (#PCDATA)>. But same Element item(in the same DTD) should be used like   <!ELEMENT item  (Note*)>.  This Note is an another Element which has a structure. So the Element item is used in two different structures in same DTD. I tried to use <!ELEMENT item  (ANY)>.  But it is not working. I hope that i have explained the problem clearly. If the problem is not clear, please ask me.

Regards,
Raja