   RE: [xml-dev] Who can implement W3C XML Schema ?

There is a good article about web services and the use
of XSD vis a vis coupling at XML.COM this week.

http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/03/20/endpoints.html

I can't agree with this:

  "And though the SOAP specification doesn't mandate the use of HTTP,
   it is crucially important as a transport protocol because the entire
   Internet infrastructure is designed to support it

because the Internet is bigger than HTTP and alternatives to it
should be a subject of careful experimentation just as substitutes
for XSD are.  That said, while I have to agree with the conclusion
at this time

  "For the record, messages should be typed, described in XSD, and as
  loosely coupled as possible -- as specified in their XSD definitions."

if the implementations are as loose, we have a problem that makes
it even more difficult to resist the .Net system and it is the
same problem that made IE ubiquitous through no fault of MS.
Consider that this will affect the majority of the tools and
tool vendors.  Jonathan is quite right but I'd say this problem
will be even more immediate for the tool vendors than the users
and developers.  The Internet has a rough way of shaking out
the 'almost but not quite there' technologies and products.

len