   RE: [xml-dev] Do Names Matter?

> <tongue in="cheek">Consider the Mac, which is a clear
> exception to the 80/20
> rule (being the product of a perfectionist design team), but still
> mattered/matters in any number of tangible ways, doubtless
> due to its cool name.</tongue>

Only because we've got used to it. When it first came out the image (at
least in the UK) was of cheap plastic raincoats on damp days at the seaside.

>In all seriousness I do believe that names matter.

A good name won't save a lousy product and a bad name won't kill a good one.
There's a very successful trucking company in Europe that trades under the
name "Norbert Dentressangle".

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com