   RE: [xml-dev] MSXML DOM Special Chars Less Than 32

Nope.

First of all it isn't compatible to xs:string. An application that expects a
plain string will be extremely confused when it get's base64-encoded data
instead.

Second, base64 is for encoding *binary* data. What I'm looking for is a
efficient and readable format for transporting Unicode strings (only
possibly) *including* U+0000 to U+001F.

Julian