   Re: [xml-dev] node identity in XQuery

At 09:44 AM 3/23/2002 -0800, Michael Dyck wrote:
>I don't think that query uses the node identity operator: each of those "=="
>is just two adjacent equal signs in the ElementContent of an
>ElementConstructor. Instead, try:
>
>     let $a := <foo/>
>     let $b := <foo/>
>     return
>         <out>
>             <one>{ $a == $a }</one>
>             <two>{ $a == $b }</two>
>         </out>

(Blush)

OK, you are, of course, right. The output of the query in QuiP is as follows:

   <out>
     <one>True</one>
     <two>False</two>
   </out>

If I remove the curly braces, I get:

   <out>
     <one>$a == $a</one>
     <two>$a == $b</two>
   </out>

So the output I posted did not match the query I posted. I'm not sure what
I did while writing that email, but the query works properly in QuiP.

Jonathan