   RE: [xml-dev] node identity in XQuery

> I tried some XQuery implementations(Kawa, MS XQuery Demo).
> But, node identity function (==, !==) has not been implemented yet.
>
> Is it difficult to implement node identity in XQuery data model?

Well, it depends on the architecture of the implementation, but it's
obviously essential to underpin the union operator "|" (or "union").

These operators appeared for the first time in the Dec 2001 drafts (and they
will probably be renamed in the next draft), so you must expect some lag in
the prototype implementations.

The "==" operator is implemented in the latest (2002-03-14) version of
Software AG's prototype implementation, QuiP: see
http://www.softwareag.com/developer/quip/default.htm

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@ntlworld.com