   Re: [xml-dev] XML in the alleged Real World (was Re: [xml-dev] DoesXML-D

3/24/2002 3:15:32 PM, AndrewWatt2000@aol.com wrote:

>I don't know if this will be productive/practical on a mailing list but are
>you able to summarise what your contacts were unable to achieve for their
>customers using XSLT? If XSLT isn't working in the real world (or part of it)
>as you suggest isn't it time to be feeding such real world feedback into the
>XSLT 2.0 process?

First, I only got an impression that folks in the Real World were having
trouble applying XSLT to actual customer specs for web applications.  I
don't have the details, nor do I understand XSLT myself enough to know
whether this is XSLT's problem, their problem, the customers asking for
something unreasonable, or what.

Second, my colleage Michael Kay *does* know an immense amount about XSLT,
has a fair amount of Real World contact as far as I know, and is on
the XSLT working group.  I trust that he is passing on feedback to the WG.