   Re: [xml-dev] Who can implement W3C XML Schema ?

I would like to join the discussion again.

I have talked to developers and what I have heard was
that their is at least one thing, where XML Schemas/ta are
better than Relax NG - when you do deserialization/serialization
of objects into SOAP messages.

The only words I can hear during the discussion are "developers",
"implementations", "implement" ... ?

But what about the users, who want to create just
documents, data files, which will be never represented
as Java/C#/C++ or whatever objects?

Haven't you forgotten us?

Users, for whom the DTD is not sufficient (multiple namespaces,
datatypes) and XML Schema is _so_ complex to learn!

Users, who DO not have time to dive in the XML Schema specification
for months and think in the terms of
complexTypes/simpleTypes/restrictions/extensions,
because they have other work to do besides that.

I have read the Relax NG specification carefully, gone
through the examples and now I can write a schema in
a moment. It's so easy and yet powerful!

And for the documents it's BETTER!

Let the XML Schema live in the space of SOAP/WSDL/..,
but give us a choice!

If not, expect far more stupid questions, than mine.

Is XML Schema a technology for average XML users, or just
for an elite?

Jirka

--
  <name firstName="Jirka" surname="Jirat"/>
  <mail>     jiratj@systinet.com  </mail>