   Re: [xml-dev] XML in the alleged Real World

> I write to how I want to learn -- which includes most of the "whys" then
> following up with the "hows". So far it's been a successful format for me,
> but not all authors and publishers agree with the approach.

I tried writing my book like that (Teach Yourself XML in 21 Days, 1st
edition) and got nothing but flames for thanks. I felt that it was
senseless to dive straight into examples without getting some
background first -- or else the examples would be so trivial as to be
pointless. The publisher insisted; they were. Most of the time the
authors have very little to say ...

Simon North. --
If a man speaks in a forest and no woman hears him, is he still
wrong?